Sunday, August 21, 2011

New Purse Design

I've been neglecting my blog. Work's been crazy and since that's my "bread and butter" so to speak, it has to take "front and center" at times. But... amongst the craziness at work, I did manage to create a new purse design. It was inspired by a Mary Frances handbag that absolutely made me gasp when I first saw it.
Here it is... just look at it... isn't it fabulous??

I just love everything about it. The ruffles, the flower, the tassel, the beading, the color. But, at a price tag of over $200, I was left with the age old question... Why did I have to be born so dang pretty instead of rich??
(heh heh)
So I could either admire it from afar (really, Really, REALLY Far), or I could use it as inspiration and create something that had the ruffles, a flower, a tassel, and some beading. And so... drum roll please... my latest bag design was born!


The brown ultra suede beauty. (And, yes, in case you're wondering.. that IS a handmade beaded lace scarf tied around the mannequin's waist in this shot... also created by me!)
A version in olive green ultra suede. (And, in case you're wondering... the only credit I can take for the hat is finding it at an estate sale. But isn't it cute?!)
 A fun animal print.
And a fancy purple beauty.

They aren't Mary Frances bags. I "get" that.. but they turned out really nice, if I do say so myself. If you want to see more pictures of them, you can do so here.

Thanks for letting me share them with you. And here's to hoping I can get back to regular posts again!

5 comments:

  1. All your bags are adorable you should be proud of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, so pretty! Thanks for visiting me & your kind comments! I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow these are absolutely fabulous....
    I am new follower from the Craft Junkie Too Linking party would love for you to come by my blog
    www.touchedbyabutterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I love bags...and I love making them! You have some great ideas! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Thanks for linking up
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete